Matthew Mason, 19, allegedly bludgeoned Alex Rodda, 15, to death with a wrench in Ashley, Cheshire


Matthew Mason, 19, allegedly bludgeoned Alex Rodda, 15, to death last year.

He searched internet for 'everyday poison' in days before the death, court heard.

Mason said to have met friends in pub before leaving to meet the Young Farmers.

The teenager from Ollerton, Nottinghamshire, denies murder and trial continues.

According to Mail news, a teenager left his 15-year-old schoolboy lover dead in the woods then went to meet the Young Farmers' Club in a pub, a court has heard. 

Matthew Mason, 19, allegedly bludgeoned Alex Rodda to death with a wrench in Ashley, Cheshire, on December 12 last year, after paying more than £2,000 to stop him revealing their sexual relationship.

On the second day of the trial at Chester Crown Court, Ian Unsworth QC, prosecuting, said Mason had searched the internet in the days leading up to the death for 'what would happen if you kicked someone down the stairs', 'everyday poison' and 'the mysteries of Cheshire unsolved deaths of missing people'.

Mr Unsworth said: 'The prosecution say the inference is clear from these searches. The defendant had murder on his mind.'

On December 12, Alex, a pupil at Holmes Chapel High School, told a friend he was meeting a 'guy' who wanted him to go to a 'special' or 'secret' place in a forest.

He was picked up by Mason, who lived with his family on a farm near Knutsford, and driven to the area of woodland where his body was found the following morning, the jury was told.

Mr Unsworth said Mason's Renault Clio was in the area for at least 35 minutes.

He said: 'It was during that time that the prosecution suggest that Alex was subjected to a brutal, horrific and violent attack at the hands of this defendant.'

After driving away from the woods, Mason met friends in the Red Lion pub in Pickmere and told them he had had a nosebleed, pointing to spots of blood on his jeans, the court heard.

He then said he was leaving to meet the Young Farmers at the Golden Pheasant pub in Plumley, where he arrived shortly after 8pm, Mr Unsworth said.

He told the court: 'As described by one who knew him, he appeared to be his normal happy self.'

Mason left the pub after about 90 minutes and later sent his girlfriend a goodnight photo of him smiling with no top on, Mr Unsworth said.

The court heard Alex's mother, Lisa Rodda, began to call his friends when he failed to answer phone calls later that night.

She eventually contacted Mason, who told her Alex had gone into Manchester with friends.

The jury was shown CCTV of Mason's car returning to the woods after 1am, where it remained for about an hour.

Mr Unsworth told jurors they must consider whether Mason had intended to move Alex's body.

Mason, of Ollerton, Nottinghamshire, denies murder. The trial continues.

Post a Comment