Skeletal remains found in dense bush land are confirmed to belong to murdered 27-year-old, Allecha Boyd 3 years after she vanished


Allecha Boyd, 27, was last seen in the township of Coolamon in the NSW Riverina

She vanished on August 10, 2017, and police suspected she had been murdered

Skeletal remains were found 20km southwest of Coolamon on December 8th

After forensic examination, police confirmed it was Ms Boyd's body on Thursday

The alarming case of ns and wastage of human life is paramount across the globe, this is the case of a new discovery in Coolamon in the NSW Riverina.

According to Daily mail, Police have confirmed a body found in dense bushland belongs to missing woman Allecha Boyd, who vanished three years ago.   

Allecha Suzette Boyd, 27, was last seen in the township of Coolamon, in the NSW Riverina region, on August 10, 2017, and was reported missing on August 22, 2017. 

A search led by Ms Boyd's killer, Samuel John Shephard, in the Lester State Forest discovered her skeletal remains on December 8, 2020. 

NSW Police have since forensically examined the corpse and confirmed it was Ms Boyd's body on Thursday morning. 

'Forensic examinations have confirmed human remains located near Wagga Wagga earlier this month belong to missing local woman, Allecha Boyd,' a police spokesman said.    

Riverina Police District Commander, Superintendent Bob Noble, said detectives made a commitment to finding Allecha and providing answers to her loved ones.

'The Strike Force Amias team left no stone unturned in their investigation and were determined to give Allecha's family the opportunity properly – and respectfully – lay her to rest,' Supt Bob Noble said. 

Although NSW Police have only just formally confirmed the remains belong to Ms Boyd, the woman's family are already working to bring her body home. 

Her sister, Rhiannon Boyd, established a GoFundMe on behalf of their family to cover the cost of Ms Boyd's return and funeral earlier this month. 

'Allecha Boyd's life was tragically taken from her when she was murdered at 27-years-old... It's been 1,216 days,' Rhiannon wrote. 

'We have finally got the phone call that we all waited for to be told Allecha's body had finally been found, so we can now start the grieving process properly.

'We thought that the costs of getting Allecha home when she was found would have been covered from Victims of Crime, unfortunately that has proven to be untrue.

'Now we are left to try come up with funds to bring her home from NSW to Melbourne, so she can be laid to rest like we have been wanting to do for the past three years.' 

Rhiannon said the family hoped to provide 'a beautiful send off for our dear Allecha like she deserves' but it would cost about $15,000. 

'She is currently in the morgue in Wagga Wagga and will be transferred to Newcastle and then back to Wagga Wagga, which all comes with a cost,' Rhiannon explained. 

'We then have to organise a flight for her remains to come home to Melbourne and that cost is starting at around $5,000. 

'We have estimated her funeral, buying a plot, coffin, flowers, and everything else that comes with the funeral is looking at about $15,000.'     

Supt Noble said Samuel Shephard's motive for the crime and why he agreed to help police to find the remains were still unclear. 

Ms Boyd had been working as a chef at the Farmers Home Hotel and was living with a friend in nearby Lake Albert before her disappearance.  

Two men - aged 19 and 37 - were charged in 2017.

Samuel Shephard pleaded guilty to Ms Boyd's murder in February and was sentenced to 27 years and seven months in prison. 

Post a Comment