Tragic end: Mum-of-four scrawled ‘sorry’ on the wall and hanged herself after her boyfriend dumped her at a kid’s birthday party


According to a report published by the Sun news, a mum-of-four scrawled "sorry" on the wall and hanged herself after her boyfriend dumped her at a children's birthday party, an inquest has heard.

The body of the 35-year-old Katrina Fuller, of West Sussex, was discovered by her traumatised son in June.

On Tuesday an inquest heard that during a friend's daughter's birthday party, there was an "incident" on the bouncy castle which led to the couple splitting up.

The court heard how her partner had stormed off to stay at his sister's house when the mother-of-four phoned him to tell him "she would do something stupid" before hanging up.

In a panic, the boyfriend telephoned Katrina's son and asked him to "keep an eye" on his mother, fearing she would carry out her threat.

The coroner's clerk John Halloran told the inquest that Katrina's son then tragically found her, becoming "hysterical" with grief.

Katrina was rushed to hospital and was immediately taken for a CT head scan as there were signs of a clinical brain injury, the assistant coroner heard.

A brain stem test was undertaken but on June 11, however, Katrina tragically passed away at East Surrey Hospital in Redhill.

A post-mortem examination at the hospital determined that Katrina had died from a hypoxic brain injury as a result of asphyxia due to hanging.

Following her death, a family member was organising her funeral details when they found a message which said "Sorry" in the mum-of-four's bedroom.

Attending the inquest in Crawley, West Sussex, the family members asked whether Katrina was coming down from a cocaine binge when she died as this would explain her "state of mind."

Assistant West Sussex coroner Sarah Clarke told Katrina’s family: "It is the hardest part of any inquest, that you do not get the answers to the questions that you need to have closure.

"We know as much as we can about the circumstances. The truth is we may never have the answer to that question."

Concluding the inquest, Ms Clarke reached a verdict of suicide, adding: "I am satisfied that Katrina did intend to end her own life."

Post a Comment